Sep 1, 2012

Post-doc - is it a feasible option?


An immense sorry to myself for not updating blog. I was busy like hell for the past few months, but it is all worthy I think. My research is going fine and I think 5 to 7 publications are assured for my PhD. A greater news is that completing my PhD in 2-year is not impossible based on current progress. Thanks a lot to my supervisor's pushing and pressurizing.

I may agree everything with my supervisor from a perspective of research, but for life-living, I seriously doubt his philosophy on that. I always think that marriage is one of a perfect thing in life, establishing a family is an art, not to say the learns and shares behind all these, it's just marvelous I think. Tolerance is a key on how two of the individuals work thing out, strive themselves for the sake of next generation, to assure better future. Indeed, it's nothing more fascinating than that, and I think I am prepared for that.

So, 1 and the half years down the road, I gonna be a so called 'Dr.', but nothing more than just the calling/ addressing of title. PhD is just a licence for you to do research, as always reminded by my supervisor. True enough, so my next plan is of importance. And people change, previously I was thinking to stay in this country for the career. But now, after some brain-feeding, I might be going to Singapore for my post-doctorate. For my long-term investment, I think it is really good for my career (If only I successfully secure a job there). Glad enough, my family is on my side that this decision. Though I realize that it gonna be challenging and tough, with all the supports, I think that it's doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment